Last updated: 1 November 2023
If you have any queries about this policy or how we use your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. About us
This website is operated by SAGEFLOWERS Limited. We are the data controller of any information you provide to us while using our services.
2. What personal data do we collect?
We collect different information depending on how you use our services and how you interact with us. The personal data we may collect includes:
• Your identity and contact information, including your name, email address, telephone number and billing and shipping addresses.
• Usage data, which includes information about how you use our services (including your delivery instructions, order/shopping history, search criteria, preferences, website activity, and if you have attended any of our events).
• Technical data, such as the device you are using to access our website, your unique device ID, your internet protocol (IP), browser type and version, time zone and location, display settings, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website .
• Marketing and communications data, including any communications we may receive from you, and your preferences in receiving notifications, marketing and other communications from us.
• Transaction information, we collect information relating to your payments and transactions via our website. This does not include your payment card details, which you provide direct to our payment processors. We do not collect or store payment card details.
3. How do we collect personal data from you?
a) Personal data you provide to us
We collect personal data from you when you place an order, register for a subscription, interact with us in any other way (such as via email, telephone or social media), or provide a testimonial.
b) Personal data we collect as you use our Services
We collect your technical and usage data, as described above, as you use our services. Some of this data is collected using cookies, beacons and similar technologies.
4. How and why we use your personal data
We will only use your information where:
a) We need the information to fulfil our contract with you.
If we have entered into a contract to provide you with our services (for example, if you have placed an order, signed up for a subscription, or registered to attend one of our events), we will need your personal data in order to do so. The personal data that we use will depend on the service(s) we have agreed. For example:
• We will use your identity and contact details so that we can communicate with you about the services we provide, to facilitate providing any services you have requested and to respond to any requests, queries, issues or concerns you may have.
• We will use your technical information to ensure that our services display and function correctly on your device.
• We (and our service providers) will need your payment information to facilitate any payments you authorise.
b) We have a legitimate interest (reasonable business purpose) in doing so.
We will use your information for our legitimate business reasons where our doing so will not unduly affect your rights. We will use your identity, contact, usage and marketing information to keep our records up to date. We will use your usage and technical information to:
• provide and make improvements to our Services, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data, and troubleshooting;
• optimise the performance of our website;
• ensure that our Services are secure;
• analyse how users interact with our Services; and
• develop new products and services.
We may also use any or all of the information above to administer and manage our business in general, to detect and prevent misuse of our Services, and to enforce our Terms and Conditions or any other contract to which we may be a party. If you feel that your interests and fundamental rights outweigh our business purposes, and that we should therefore stop processing your data, please let us know.
c) You have given us your consent.
If you sign up to our mailing lists, we will send you updates and marketing information that you have consented to receive. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may also contact you for market research purposes if you have consented to us doing so.
If you have accepted the cookies on our website, we will use this information for marketing purposes, and also to personalise your experience of our website.
d) We need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
In certain circumstances, we may need to retain or use your personal data to comply with regulations and/or the law.
Our Services are not intended to be used by children under the age of 18 years, and we do not knowingly collect children's personal data.
6. How do we share your personal information?
We will share your data:
a) With our trusted third party service providers
• Our approved delivery drivers and couriers, as necessary to fulfil any orders you may have placed.
• We share certain information with our information technology providers, such as website and mailing list hosts.
• If you wish to attend one of our events, we may need to disclose your identity information to our venue or co-host (as applicable) for admissions purposes.
• We may also share data with analysts, consultants and other professional advisors whom we retain for advice in respect of our business operations.
• If you have accepted cookies, we will share certain information with Google Analytics.
• You provide your payment information directly to our payment processors Stripe. For information about how they use your personal data, please see their privacy notice at https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
b) If you choose to share it via social media
If you choose to interact with us on a public forum, such as social media, our communications may be visible to other users of the platform.
7. International transfers
Our website is hosted on servers located in the European Union. We do not transfer your personal data outside of the EU.
8. How do we keep your information secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, and we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your information.
However no transmission of information via the Internet or electronic storage is ever completely secure. Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorised disclosures of information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data.
9. How long we keep personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
10. Third party links
Our website, or other online services, may contain links to third party sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Please consult all third party sites' privacy notices, as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, third parties.
11. Your rights
You have the right to:
• require us to rectify the personal data we hold about you, where that data is incorrect;
• require that we restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
• request access to the personal data that we hold about you;
• require that, in certain circumstances, we delete the personal information we hold about you;
• require that we provide you with the information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; and/or
• withdraw your consent to our using your data for marketing purposes at any time.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, which is the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, be grateful if you would contact us in the first instance so we can endeavour to deal with your concerns directly.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
12. Changes to this policy or your data
We may amend or modify this privacy notice from time to time. We will post any revised versions on this website.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our customers' needs.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to remember settings so that you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page; monitoring which pages you find useful and which you do not; displaying information on a website in a way that matches your interests; and remembering key information such as your postcode so that you do not have to enter it repeatedly.
We also use Google Analytics to collect information about how people use this website. We do this to make sure it's meeting its users' needs and to understand how we could do it better.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g.. your name or address), so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.